Friday, August 12, 2011

Trip to Lufkin

The Lufkin Area Pace Setters (LAPS) had an appreciation dinner for the outgoing prez, Mike Burton. I am a member and Mike has done a great job in putting together a very successful running club. Lufkin is an hour and a half from Huntsville, but a nice easy drive. I went over for the dinner tonight and had a great visit with Mike and other members. Before leaving Huntsville, I went to the track and ran laps in the 100+ heat of the afternoon. Tomorrow, I have a 5K in Navasota, Texas and a 20% chance of rain here in Huntsville. Of course, that means that there is an 80% chance that it will not rain.

No comments: