Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blues Capital of Texas 5K

I drove 45 minutes this morning over to Navasota for the 1st Blues Capital of Texas 5K. There were 71 runners in the race. Half the course was cross country. The only problem with that is the ground had large cracks from the drought. I had to slow down some to avoid stepping in a crack or hole. The race was at 8 a.m., but the heat was tough. I was drenched with sweat when I finished. Wet socks and shoes, included. My time was 36:36 (2nd in age group). After the race, I drove to The Woodlands for an interview with the Shoe Manager at Luke's Locker. I have to write my column for the newspaper this weekend and I am writing on what's new with running shoes. I got back to Huntsville in time for the Seven Hills Running Club picnic. Had a good visit with a lot of friends and ate too much.

No comments: