Saturday, August 27, 2011

Falling Apart

Now, on top of knee problems and two pulled hamstrings, my right plantar faciitis is hurting. It started a couple days ago and it was very painful running the Run the Woodlands 5K this morning. Stinging pain. I had problems with it many years ago and ended up having the spurs in that heel surgically removed. I have been running with custom orthotics for at least 10 years and have had no more problems with it until this week. The Army made a pair for me about a year ago and I suspect they were made without much care. For example, they took a lazer image of one foot and reversed the image to get an image of the other foot. My plan is to see a podiatrist next week and go from there. I ran 36:25 in the 5K this morning. My plan was to do a long run at the park tomorrow. I iced it a couple times today and will wait and see how it feels tomorrow.

No comments: