Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Night 5K

For the 21st time, I went down to The Woodlands this evening to run The Woodlands Running Club's Sunday Night 5K. Bill Dwyer also does a great job in putting on this race. The temperature was in the high 90's with over 70% humidity. I finished in 36:16, about 2 minutes slower than the same race last month, but about 1 minute faster than my last couple of 5K's. It was the day after the Sunday Night 5K last month when I pulled the hamstring in my right leg in the 5K in Centerville. While both hamstrings hurt, I am encouraged by my improvement tonight. Maybe all the electronic treatments I have gotten in the last 3 weeks are helping.
On the way down to The Woodlands this evening, I stopped at the Health South Rehab Center just north of The Woodlands to visit my friend and age group competitor, Jerry Flanagan. He broke his hip in the race in Huntsville last Saturday and had surgery to replace parts of his hip on Monday. He is suppose to be in the Rehab Center for 7 to 10 days. He seems to be recovering well.

No comments: