Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Continuing Hamstring Saga

I had breakfast this morning with my son, Ben, at the Cafe Texan on the downtown square. (It is the oldest continually operated restaurant in Texas). Later this morning, I went to the doc for more electronic treatments on my hamstring. It does not seem to be getting better and I am concerned about all the marathons that I have signed up for. In the heat of the afternoon (about 104), I went to the park to finish measuring the course for the Orphan Hope Marathon in February. While there with the measuring wheel, I went ahead and measured some other trails that we run on a regular basis. So, I ended up walking about 5 miles with the measuring wheel. I finished up and drove 10 miles home and then realized that I left my measurement notes on the top of my truck and drove off. I went back to the park and luckily found them in the parking lot. Whew! I then went to Nautilus for a workout and then to the track and from there, a 2-mile run on the roads.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Hope your hamstrings begin to cooperate. You have miles to go this year on them.

Hamstrings sometimes are a problem with running with me sometimes. The biking seems to develope the quads leading to a muscle imbalance when I the hamstrings get worn out from running.

Hope the treatments begin to work soon.