Thursday, June 3, 2021

Millican Summer Series Race 1

 I drove 51 miles over to the Millican Reserve near Navasota to run the 1st of six 5K races in their summer series.  It rained all the way over and some during the race.  From where you park, it is a half mile walk to the start/finish line.  The course is all trails.  My GPS, which normally measures short on trails, showed the course to be 3.2 miles.  So, it was probably longer than that.  Very technical course.  Up and down, lots of roots, all very slippery mud and water everywhere.  There was 30 to 40 times we had to go through water over the ankles, sometimes up close to the knees.  I fell several times and was a muddy mess by the time I finished.  My finish time was 1:03:09.  There were a couple guys in their 70's running, but I suppose I was first in the 80 and over age group.  Awards are given at the end of the 6-race series, based on a point system.  It was my 24th consecutive day of running.

2 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Good on you, Ken. I'm no fan of mud and such. I sat that one out. You're a better man than me. I still got in a four-mile walk brisk walk in the rain along The Waterway.

Streaker said...

I do not mind a little mud, but at age 80, I worry a little about falling and breaking something. They posted the race results today and I see that they changed the age groups from 70 to 79 to 71 to 80. So, I was 4th in my age group.