Monday, November 8, 2010

New Orthotics

I went to Fort Hood in central Texas about a month ago to be fitted for new custom orthotics. Being retired military, I can get them there for free. They called last Friday to tell me that they were ready for pickup. They would not mail them, so I drove 155 miles to Fort Hood this morning to pick them up. I stopped in Killeen near Fort Hood and visited with John Lllewlynn, who I worked with and ran with in the early 80's while I was assigned to Fort Hood. After the visit, I picked up the orthotics and drove back to Huntsville. Got back just in time to get in a 3-mile run on the roads in town before it got totally dark. Then, I went to Nautilus for a workout. I need to break in a new pair of running shoes and at the same time, start wearing the new orthotics. I am trying to decide where to do one or both before my next marathon this Sunday.

No comments: