Friday, November 19, 2010

Completed the Texas Marathon Challenge

With my completion of the Rocky Raccoon 50K on November 6, I completed the Texas Marathon Challenge (TMC) for 2010-2011. The TMC is operated by Roger Soler Sports in San Antonio. Complete any five Texas marathons (or longer) between October 1 and May 31 and you meet the challenge. This was my third straight year for completing the challenge. The first year, you get a medal, singlet and you can buy a TMC jacket. After the first year, you can buy the jacket.
There is no 5K in Huntsville tomorrow, so I will run the 5K in College Station. This evening, I skipped working out at Nautilus and only ran 3 miles on the roads in Huntsville.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

That is amazing to have the Marathon Challenge completed by Nov 6th. I did it two years in a row, back when, but my first event wasn't until San Antonion, around the first part of November. Congratulations Ken.

Streaker said...

Thanks, Marvin. There are a lot more Texas Marathons now. The most difficult challenge is training in the heat for those October marathons.