Saturday, November 27, 2010

Leftover Turkey 10K

Our running club's annual Leftover Turkey 10K, 5K and 1-Mile race was this morning. All three courses were out and back along Veterans Memorial Parkway. I got there early and put out the three cones to mark the three turnaround points. Darren directed the race, so I got to run the 10K. We had a total of 32 runners for all three races. A half mile into the race, I noticed that some SOB had stolen the cone for the one-mile turnaround point. I managed to get some one-milers turned around a little past where the cone had been. Why would anyone steal a traffic cone with the club name marked on the side? As I continued, I was worried that the 5K and 10K cones were also taken. Luckily, they were not. In any case, I felt my running was sluggish. Maybe it was from eating too much on Thanksgiving. I finished in 1:12:05 on this very hilly course. This was about a minute slower than the last time I ran the same course. After the race, some of us had breakfast at the Cafe Texan on the downtown square.

No comments: