Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm going for it

My ankle is still a little swollen and sore, but I am running the 50K tomorrow. If it does not get significantly worse during the race, I should be okay. The temperature is suppose to be in the high 30's at the start and get up into the high 60's during the race. No rain. I am a little anxious about the trail running in the dark for about the first hour and a half. My goal will be not to trip and fall or re-sprain my ankle. I ran laps at the track this afternoon and then met Phillip and Mary at the park lodge after picking up my race packet. Then, we loaded up the canopy and other stuff for the aid station our club will be operating and then drove on a jeep trail to the back side of the park and set it all up. Then, I attended a birthday party Mariah was having for James at one of the park campsites.

No comments: