Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fort Worth Marathon


I ran laps at the track in Huntsville yesterday and then headed north for the Fort Worth Marathon today. We started at 7:30 this morning and ran an out and back course on the walkway along the Trinity River. The surface was mostly concrete, but some asphalt and crushed gravel. The course was scenic and the temperature in the low 40's at the start and probably 60's at the finish. I ran much of it with Dee, who ran with me at the Tyler Rose Marathon a few weeks ago. She is from Fort Worth and this was her second marathon. She finished in 5:33:49, knocking about 12 minutes off her Tyler time. I finished in 5:37:11 (1st in age group), my best time since the Yuma Arizona Marathon last January.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Way to go Ken ! You just keep keeping on...I am glad for you and happy you do this...an inspiration.