Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shoes

I had to go down to The Woodlands this evening for a family get-together, so I worked out at Nautilus this afternoon and ran laps at the track.  While in The Woodlands, I visited the Fleet Feet running store and talked to my old friend, Stan Timmer about running shoes.  I have been running in Asics Fortitude for years, because they are a nuetral shoe and are suppose to be the best shoe if you run in custom orthotics.  The problem is that the Fortitude IV's are poorly designed and quickly develop holes in the top of shoe over the big toes.  My "new shoes," which I have been running in for just a few weeks already have holes in them.  I did not have that problem with the II and III models, which are no longer available.  Since I go through 5 or 6 pairs of shoes a year, it is important that I make them last as long as possible and that I get a good price.  So, I will no longer run in Asics.  Stan sold me a pair of Saucony Progrid 4's, which is another nuetral shoe.  I'll try them.  Besides, they are much lighter than the Fortiude and I may just run faster.

No comments: