Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rocky Raccoon 25K

I got up at 4:30 this morning and went out to the park for the Rocky Raccoon 25K. A little before 6 a.m., I drove Paula Boone and Sock Monkey Boone down to their road guard position on the course. We hiked the last quarter mile. The 25K race started at 7 a.m. My goal was to go slow and not do anything to make the hamstring worse. Other than running 15.5 miles with a sore hamstring, I seemed to accomplish my goal. I do not recall every running this course in more than 4 hours, but today I finished in 4:34:23. I have 3 appointments for treatment next week and hopefully I will be okay for the Fort Worth Marathon next Sunday. They have a 6-hour time limit, so I have to do better. It is a flat course and I ran it in 5:36 last year.
After finishing today, I drove out to the back side of the park and help take our club aid station down and haul the stuff in. Then, later this afternoon, Ben and I went back to the park and help the race director take down course markings. It was hard staying awake this evening to watch some good football games on TV.

No comments: