Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rainy Day in Huntsville

It's not often that I say that. We had a little rain off and on all day. My rain gauge says a quarter inch total. I suppose it will take more than that to bring dead grass back to life.
I spent a couple hours at the state park today with Jennifer Burton, who is directing the first ever Orphan Hope Marathon at the park on February 11. She is working hard to make this a first class event and, based on early entries, it will be a big success. I plan on running it.
Because of a lack of daylight, we moved our Tuesday and Thursday park runs to 4:30 p.m. We had a light crowd today, only retired people and university professors, who probably no-showed for classes they were suppose to teach. Soon after we started running, it started raining hard. I ran 2 miles on the park roads.

1 comment:

Matt Bullen said...

Thanks for all of your help and wisdom you have shared with the Orphan Hope Marathon team. It is greatly appreciated.