Monday, July 4, 2011

Stu's Country Mile 5K

This morning, my wife and I made the 45-minute trip up I-45 to run Stu's Country Mile 5K in Centerville, Texas. There were about 50 runners, odd age groups and big trophies. I felt sore and stiff this morning and I may have pulled a muscle in my right leg about a mile into the race. I finished in 36:48 and got 3rd place in the 65 and older age group and a 12-inch trophy. My wife walked the course, made a pit stop at the Days Inn and finished last in the race with a time of 54:15. However, she was first in her age group and received a 18-inch trophy. It was only her third race ever. About half the runners were from Huntsville and most of us (as we have done for many years) went to the Town Cafe off the square after the race and had a big greasy breakfast. Nice start to the 4th of July Holiday.

No comments: