Friday, July 15, 2011

Signed up for Surfside Beach Marathon

They opened up registration for the 2012 Surfside Beach Marathon (2-18-12) and I signed up. It will be my 7th straight Surfside. The experience is all about the weather on race day. Every year seems to be a completely different experience. In any case, it is leg 2 of the Texas Marathon Triple (Kingwood, Surfside & Seabrook), which I have completed the last 4 years. I have done the Marathons of Texas (White Rock, Houston & Austin) for the last 2 years. This year, Surfside and Austin are again on the same weekend. That means I have to do another double. However, I plan to do a double before then. Texas Trail 50K on December 10 and BCS Marathon on December 11. I need all the challenges I can get, anyway.
My right hamstring was really sore today after that hard fall on the trails yesterday. I ran a painful and limpy mile at the track this evening.

No comments: