Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow Day

Marilynn, Ben and I spent all day in Houston at Kenny's new house. He bought a repo off of FM 1960 West and it needs a lot of fixing up. We puddy'd, sanded and painted all day. It was aftert 8 p.m. when he left his place, ate at Jason's Deli and then drove back to Huntsville in the snow. It was especially heavy down on 1960. It was nearly 10 p.m. when we got back home. I went to the track and ran laps. No big deal with the snow, but the track was muddy. There were several college students playing in the snow on the field. I also noticed a number of people outside taking photos of their house, with the 1/2 inch or so accumulation in the yard. We have been in Huntsville since over 23 years and it is the most snow since then.

2 comments:

Curtis said...

That was the most snow? This is a sad place. I thought that before I moved here (January of 2007) there was a huge storm that closed down TDC (and Huntsville) for a couple days because of the amount of snow and ice. Did the city really shut down on less snow then this?

Streaker said...

Since I moved here in 1985, there have been several ICE storms, which virtually left the city at a standstill. However, this was the most snow I have seen here and as you know, it was gone by this morning.