Thursday, December 4, 2008

Closing in on Sunmart

Sunmart is just a couple days away. The trails are in good shape and the weather is suppose to be dry and cold. What more could you ask for? I remember one year the course was in such bad shape, that you were frequently running through water and mud up over your socks. I slipped once and slid down a hill in the black mud on my back. Then, last year it was so hot. I need to do at least two more Sunmarts. The first year I ran the race, they gave the finishers a leather running bag. The next year, I took the jacket. Next, the afghan. For my next nine, I opted for the afghan. I gave one to each of my six kids and three to my grand kids. I have two more grand kids.
After Nautilus this evening, I went over to the track and ran laps. Norman stopped by after I finished. We visited for a while and solved a lot of world problems.

2 comments:

Norman said...

We may have a new member soon.

Curtis said...

The only problem at the park is the amount of sand on the trails. There are some areas that it's going to be rough to run through. I was hoping that it would rain a little more on Wednesday to pack down the trails some. But I guess that's what you'll be wearing your gaitors for!