Monday, December 15, 2008

I Got Reprimanded

I was out running the roads this afternoon. It was in the high 30's and I was comfortable and working up a sweat. An elderly lady crossed the street and stopped me. She started chewing me out for running in the cold. She started feeling my cheeks (the ones on my face) and confirmed that it was too cold to be out running. It reminded me of a very hot summer afternoon several years ago when I got stopped by an elderly lady and reprimanded for running in the heat. I assured her that I was okay and then she said, "I hope you find Jesus, so he will teach you not to run in the heat." Now, I am wondering if it was the same lady. Anyway, I avoided hypothermia today and got in 2.6 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should inform this same lady about your knees, ankles and hamstrings. I"m sure she'd give you an earful!