Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No More Ramp Romps

I found out this evening that one of my favorite races has been cancelled, maybe for good. The Ramp Romp 5K is held at Kyle Field in College Station every February. You start on the track, run a mile around the campus, come back to Kyle Field and run up and down all three sets of ramps and then finish on the track. I have run the race 8 times, including the last 6. From what I was told by Rec Sports at Texas A&M, the race was not drawing enough students. Well, darn.
I went back to the park this afternoon and ran 3 miles, some on the roads and some on the tracks. Except for all the construction in the start/finish area for Sunmart on Saturday, the park was relatively quiet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got one or two Aggie jokes forming in my head, but I don't want to offend Adrienne.

kimmy said...

this is a disappointment! i ran the ramp romp XXII and was planning on running again this year! what a disappointment if this is correct information.