Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Counting Down

It's almost marathon time in Kingwood! No late night partying for me tomorrow night. Norman and I will drive down for the marathon early Thursday morning. I am looking forward to it being over with. For me, marathons are never easy. I hope the weather is okay. Right now, the forecast is a high of 62 degrees, with a 30% chance of rain. I received an email tonight from the race director for the Surfside Beach Marathon on February 14 (my next). The beach is in good shape, but the building at Stahlman Park that they used for the race headquarters was fatally damaged by Ike. They are considering moving the start/finish to a place west of the 80-foot bridge to Surfside Beach. That means that you would run over the bridge at the start and finish. If they do that, they can no longer claim to be the only marathon in the U.S. run entirely on the beach. I met up with the group this evening at ran 1.6 miles up and down the hills in the Avenues and then ran 1 mile on the track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you "good luck". Be safe.

Streaker said...

Thanks, Lavonne.