Saturday, December 13, 2008

400 Done

I taped up my ankle this morning and headed for the Willis Wildkat 5K. It was painful for the first mile, but after that it was not bad. I finished in 33:57 and was first in my age group (yes, I was the only one in the age group). Jon Walk and True Cousins from the Seven Hills Running Club were there, as well as many other friends. This was my 400th race. Number 1 was in the Spring of 1983, when I was 42.
After getting home, showering and retaping my ankle, I headed for Livingston for their Jingle Bell 5K, which started at 1 p.m. Jon Walk was also there, along with Don Ortloff and Jan Parks (Jan's first race since her foot surgery). I finished in 34:15.
Tonight, Ben and I went to the Sam basketball game against Jarvis Christian College in Hawkins, Texas. Sam won.

2 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

400? I just hit, like, 10! Great!

K said...

400 races? Wow, Ken! I can only hope to have such a successful running life! Great job!