Friday, December 12, 2008

Darn Ankle Sprain

I went out to the park this afternoon to run the roads. The trails looked too inviting, so I decided to run Marisa's Course (3.5 miles). I got about a mile out and my left foot went into a hole, causing an ankle sprain. Even though it hurt, I kept on running and cut my course to about two and a half miles. I came home and iced it. There is not much swelling, but it is sore when I walk on it. My plan was to run the Willis 5K at 8 a.m. tomorrow and the Livingston 5K at 1 p.m. The injury is not a streak breaker and I plan on being in Willis. I'll have to decide then as to whether to run the 5K. If it seems to be too much, I'll run a mile at the track tomorrow evening.

3 comments:

David said...

RICE that ankle! (in between your daily runs:)

Streaker said...

What does "RICE" mean? Rest and ice?

Curtis said...

RICE = Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.

Rest, at least how they are speaking, isn't easy for someone holding up a streak. The others with a little bit of rest work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RICE_(medicine)