Monday, December 22, 2008

Daily Decision

As a streaker, I have to make a decision everyday of when, where and how far to run. I was on the machines at Nautilus this afternoon trying to make that decision. I really don't like to run, so matter what I decide, I won't enjoy the run. I do it for health. Generally, the options are the treadmill at Nautilus, the track, trails at the park or somewhere on the roads in town. Of course, races help break up the training run routine. I did a personal record of 39 this year. I am amazed by Robert Raven Kraft of South Miami Beach, FL. He is fellow member of the United States Running Streak Association and has run the same 8-mile course on the beach at the same time of the day for over 33 years. I don't see how he does it. He has really become a prisoner of his routine. He told me on the phone that he once had a girlfriend, but she wanted him to take her out of state for something. All this, and he is number 11 on the national streak list. Anyway, since I ran 15 miles yesterday, I ran 2 miles around town today. The Texas Marathon in Kingwood is in 10 days, so I am going to take it easy between now and then. Curtis Barton was on the waiting list to register for the Texas Marathon and got word today that he is in. Other Seven Hills Running Club members running are Jon Walk and Norman Langwell.

No comments: