Saturday, May 3, 2008

Social Run

Ran 4.5 miles around town this morning. Started at the track on Ave. O. I ran past the square in the middle of a quilting show, with a band playing at the gazebo. I did not see any quilters that I knew. Made it to the SHSU campus and caught the end of the awards ceremony for the triathlon held there this morning. Several SHRC members were there, including Blythe Ernst, Michael Deane and Angie Burns. I visited with them a bit, as well as my friends, Jason Horton and Amanda Seeholm. Amanda was a gymnist in Bela Karoli's camp a few years ago. I went up Bowers Blvd. and right on Sycamore. Down by the Baptist Church, a couple guys held at me. It was SHRC member, Darren Grant, and Doyle Cousins, True's son. They were parking buses at the church parking lot. I visited with them a bit and they assured me that I could not get a cold beer at the Baptist Church. I headed back to the track via Sam Houston Ave. When I got to the Sam Houston Museum complex, I stopped and visited with Sergeant Collins, Huntsville PD, who was working the entrance to the Sam Houston Folk Festival. Finally made it back to to track. The weather was nice and relatively cool. I never timed the run. Because of all the socializing, it would not have meant much anyway.
Now on to Tyler for a family get together this evening and then a drive to Wylie (near Dallas) to spend the rest of the weekend with my son, George, and his family.

2 comments:

Katy Lampson said...

So, how many quilters do you know?

Streaker said...

The band at the gazebo was playing Glenn Miller music. That means that the quilters were in my age group. I should have seen someone that I knew.