Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 5K

We had our SHRC's Memorial Day 5K at my house in the Timberwilde Sub-division at 10 a.m. this morning. It was all followed by a cookout. I directed the race and Marilynn fixed all the food and Ben did the grilling. We had a great time and hope that everyone else did also. Marilynn forgot to put out a big tray of deviled eggs from the refrigerator. So, I suppose that I will be eating them for a few days. Norman Langwell and Darren Grant tied for first in the race with a time of 23:26. Sheridan Grant, 15, had led but missed the last turn. He was going so fast, I suppose the turn sign became a blur. The results and group photo are on the club web site on the Latest News page.
After eating too much at the cookout and taking a nap, I went to Nautilus and did my routine and then went to the track and ran laps.

No comments: