Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back on the Road Again

After church this morning, Ben and I took Marilynn to eat at the Junction Restaurant. Afterwards, I laid down a while to let the chicken fried steak settle before going back into town for a run on the roads. I had run a mile when I passed Bowers Stadium. The Southland Conference Track & Field Meet was in progress and I could not resist stopping for a while to watch. They wanted me to run hurdles for Sam Houston, but I declined after noticing that the hurdles were higher than the roots that I trip on at the state park. I finished my run with 2 more miles to get in a total of 3. Ben came over and Kenny came up from Houston for a cookout this evening. Marilynn received phone calls from our other kids in Plano, Yuma, Chicago and Pensacola and she seemed to enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Katy Lampson said...

If you decide to give the hurdles a try, let me know and I'll be there with the band-aids.