Thursday, May 22, 2008

Short Trail Run

Went out to the park this evening to meet the group. Curtis, Phillip, John and Amber ran 5 miles. I had to get back to go to the SHSU baseball game at 7 with Ben, so I just did a short 2 mile+ run by myself and left. I asked Ranger Karly at the Nature Center about the three zebras, which had been running loose in the park. She said that one was shot and killed and the other two were caught. It reminded me about the time about 10 years ago that a friend, Jim Zeller, was running trails at the park. He heard something coming up behind him. He turned around and it was an emu. Zebras and emus. What else may be lurking in the woods?

4 comments:

K said...

How on earth did zebras end up in the park?

Streaker said...

The park ranger said that they got loose from a nearby exotic animal ranch. I think I would rather face a zebra on the trail than someone talking on a cell phone on the road.

Katy Lampson said...

What the heck? I leave the park for a week or so, and zebras show up. What the heck? How annoying! All I ever see are squirrels and such!

Ummm...and why did someone shoot it? Are zebras mean?

Streaker said...

Yes, I have heard that Zebras are pretty mean. Can't wait to show you my new black and white stipped rug.