Friday, March 4, 2022

Trail run and ER visit

 I met up with the group at the park this evening and ran 3.1 miles on the trails.  I tripped on a root at about 2.7 miles and took a hard fall.  I cut the palm of my left hand (presumably on a root) and had a few other cuts.  I finished the run and Curtis and Jacob doctored up my cut with stuff and had in their first aid kits.  I went home and took a shower and then went to the running club meeting.  Later, I decided to go to the ER to get snitches.  I spent over 2 hours there.  Being 80 years old, they want to check everything.  Finally, about midnight, I left ER with about a inch and a half of stitches in my hand.  So, I guess it will be roads only for a while.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Goodnss Ken. Sorry about the hand, but I can see that happening in the park. Hope it gets better soon but I see in your next post that it kept you up all night. Not good. I hope y ou are doing OK otherwise...We are fine here, so far. Been going to Ironworks more lately. The water in the pool is still cold for me but I wear a wetsuit to make it tolerable. Take care of yourself, Ken.

Streaker said...

Thanks, Marvin. Keep with your Ironman training. Your heart is in it, so I know you can do it. Hope to see you at Iron Works as soon as I get the stitches out.