Saturday, June 27, 2009

Polish Pickle 5K and Wedding

Got up at 5 this morning to go to the Polish Pickle 5K in Bremond. Mary Sweeten rode up with Marilynn, Ben and I. Other club members there included Phillip Clark, Adrienne Langelier, Jennifer Johnston, Charles Walker, Jerry Flanagan, John Cook, Karen Fowler, J. C. Guzman. I ran the race with Debbie Tripp of The Woodlands. I probably slowed us down. The heat was terrible and I had to stop once to get a big rock out of my shoe. We finished in 35:38. However, the beer was good. We stopped to eat in Centerville on the way home. I took a brief nap and then went to Melissa's Broussard's wedding in Crockett. She should have been at the Polish Pickle, because the wedding was not until 4 p.m. I can't stand excuses. She married fellow Seven Hills Running Club member, William Ashley Biscamp. They had a nice wedding and I really wish them the best. They are living in Alba, north of Tyler. He works in Mineola and Melissa teaches at John Tyler High (my alma mater). Today was also a minor streak milestone. My streak reached 6 years and 6 months. We'll party at 10 years.

No comments: