Friday, July 4, 2008

Stu's

For the 13th straight year, I went up to Centerville this morning for Stu's Country Mile 5K. The races starts and finishes on the downtown square in the middle of the Centerville 4th of July Celebration. Before the race started, I cut my arm on the porta potty door. I stopped the bleeding with a napkin and a nice lady found me a bandaid. Anybody else ever have a porta potty accident?
It was good to see all the other Seven Hills Running Club members there, including Jon and Waverly Walk, who made the long drive up from Spring. Jon and I ran the whole race together and finished in 34:01. My Marine son, Timothy, as of July 1 Lance Corporal Timothy, flew in yesterday from North Carolina to spend the weekend in Huntsville. He ran the race this morning, as did another son, Ben. Both won 3rd place in their age groups.
I have had a lot of other family at my house all day and I only have time to blog because most of them went to the fireworks stand not far away.
Hope all you had a nice holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had an incident with a porta-potty, but my cousin has. Before the start of one of his triatholons, he went to use the porta potty and got stung on his butt cheek by a wasp. Hearing his version of the story will have you in tears!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Yes, it had something to do with a blinkie at TIR.

We had a good laugh at that one!

Streaker said...

Bawanie's story reminds me of a race I went to in Milano in the late 80's. After the race, a guy was hanging around in a grassy area. He was actually standing on a mound of fire ants and they invaded his shorts. With a crowd around, he took off his shorts and started brushing off the ants. You gotta do what you gotta do.