Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Long Summer

Hans, Chris, Phillip, Amy and I ran trails at the park this evening. Amy had a date tonight, so she cut her run to a mile and a half. The rest of us did the regular 4.5 mile loop.
I don't know if its just me, but this summer seems extra long. I know that I have spent more time on the trails at the park this summer. Usually, I let the horseflies have the park during the months of May, June and July, but most of them seem to be elsewhere this summer. The hot weather is relentless and its only the end of July. And, we still have two more months of hot weather to go. My first marathon of the season is the Marathon 2 Marathon (Alpine to Marathon, Texas) on October 18. One way or the other, I am going to have to get my distance up in August and September. Thank goodness for Electrolyte capsules! I am looking forward to the challenge of running 26.2 west to east on Highway 90 from Alpine to Marathon. I "drove" the highway on Google Earth and there is absolutely nothing between Alpine and Marathon. It will be like running the Surfside Beach Marathon, except there will be no noisy surf or seagulls. After two careers and six kids, I enjoy solitude.

1 comment:

WalkSports.com said...

Thinking of flying to Midland for Marathon 2 Marathon. The price is right right now on Continental. They just added another marathon in Odessa two weeks before.

Hope I like West Texas.