Sunday, June 2, 2024

Back home in time for the Sunday Night 5K

 I squeezed in a 1.1-mile run Friday morning before leaving for Wylie (NE of Dallas).  I was so beat up from the trail run Thursday night, it would have been hard to get in a longer run.  After a busy day on Saturday, I went to run concrete trails at the park in nearby Plano.  I waited at the park for a while until it quit raining and then took off on the trails.  Some were under water and I had to double back and get creative.  I ended up with 3.1 miles.  I drove back to Huntsville this afternoon, changed into my running short and drove on down to The Woodlands to run the Sunday Night 5K for my 149th time.  I finished in 54:00.  My bulging disc is still a problem, despite the two injections.  I am waiting to be scheduled for a surgery to resolve the problem.

No comments: