Friday, March 8, 2024

Streak challenges

 I seem to have a lot of challenges to my streak lately.  Back pain, sinus headaches and earaches, blood pressure and upcoming surgeries.  I had another episode of low BP today.  I managed to get in 1.6 miles on the trails at the park early this afternoon, but had no strength to go further.  While the minimum distance for Streak Runners International is 1 mile, I have maintained a minimum of 3 miles for about 2 and a half years and a 3.1 minimum for nearly 2 years.  So, I went to the track late tonight and ran 2 miles, to give me 3.6 for the day.  Hopefully, the BP will be back to normal tomorrow.  Next Wednesday, I am having surgery in The Woodlands to remove the first of three bad veins in my legs.  I have a plan to keep my streak alive, but am not sure if it will be the 1-mile minimum or the 3.1 mile minimum.

No comments: