Sunday, January 1, 2017

Texas Half Marathon and Sunday Night 5K

I drove down to Kingwood (northeast Houston) this morning to run the Texas Half Marathon.  It was two loops on a concrete walkway through a greenbelt.  It was relatively hot for January 1st and humid.  I was soaked in sweat when I finished.  I forgot to start my watch and they have not posted the results.  So, I'm not sure what my time was.  I may have went over 3 hours.  There was no age group competition.  When I got back to Huntsville, I showered and then went to our club 10K/5K at 2 p.m. to take a few photos for our club web site.  I left the race at 2:30 and drove down to The Woodlands and ran the Sunday Night 5K.  I finished in 38:47, a couple minutes slower than my recent 5K times.  It was a good day.  I got a chance to visit with many good friends at all three races.

No comments: