Sunday, January 29, 2017

Texas 10 Series Boerne


I ran laps at the track on Saturday and then drove over to Boerne, west of San Antonio to run the Texas 10 Series 10-miler this morning.  I was really worried about my pulled groin muscle and did not get much sleep at the hotel last night.  I finally got out of bed at 5 a.m., got dressed and went to the race.  I got there at 5:45 and and the race did not start until 7 a.m.  The course was relatively flat and smooth.  My injury hit me just before reaching the 7-mile marker.  I almost fell, but recovered okay.  It hurt a bit during those last 3 miles but I made it okay.  I finished in 2:09:51 and was 3rd of 3 in the 70 and over age group.  My time in this same race last year was:2:10:11, so I made a slight improvement.  What's more, I won a $100 bill in the door prize drawing.  I look a little grubby in the photo with the bandage over my stitches and no shaving for a week.

No comments: