Monday, January 16, 2017

Milestones

I have three major milestones coming up within the next year or so.  One of my goals is to run 1,000 races.  I am at 932 with 68 to go.  I ran 79 races in 2016, so I should reach my goal by next December.  Another goal is to run 101 half marathons.  I will complete this season (thru April) with 91.  That will give me 10 more in the 2017/18 season.  Tentatively, I plan to run my 101st half marathon at the Love.Run.Marathon in February 2018.  That is the race where I ran my 101st (and last) full marathon in February 2014.  The third milestone is my 50th wedding anniversary on October 28 of this year.  That falls on a Saturday, so I will run a half marathon that day.
     In the meantime, I went out to the park this afternoon and ran 3 miles on the trails.  We had a heavy rain earlier today, but there was no water or mud on the trail.  The holiday crowd has cleared out of the park and for the first time in a while, I saw no one else on the trails.

No comments: