Sunday, January 22, 2017

3M Half Marathon

I drove over to Austin yesterday (my first time there for anything for several years) to run the 3M Half Marathon is this morning.  The only other time I ran this race was on 2/1/1998, when I finished in 2:16:50.  The race is point to point, starting in north Austin and finishing in downtown near the state capitol.  Overall it is downhill and generally in a north to south direction.  It was very windy today, mostly from the northwest.  So, we were either running with a strong tailwind, crosswind or headwind.  I felt a little beat up at the finish.  The temperature was in the 50's.  My finish time was 2:53:10, which was 50 seconds faster that my last half marathon 2 weeks ago in New Braunfels.  There were over 5,000 finishers today, so it was a big race.  I finished 3rd of 6 in the 75-79 age group and received a nice trophy.  This was my 84th half marathon and 934th race.

No comments: