Sunday, December 20, 2015

Santa Hustle Half Marathon


My wife and I drove down to Galveston yesterday.  I picked up my packet, checked into the hotel, went to Mass and then out to eat at Marios's.  I ran the Santa Hustle Half Marathon and my wife walked the 5K.  Most of the half course was along Seawall Blvd.  The temperature was in the high 60's and low 70's with strong winds.  I finished in 3:06:36 and placed 4 of 4 in the 70-74 age group.  Last year, I ran the same race in 2:48:20.  My back hurt today only when I thought about it.  I did lose 2 minutes for a porta potty break, so my real time was about the same as the half marathon last Sunday in College Station.  We had lunch at a deli and then my wife went down to the beach, which I took a nap.
In any case, this was my 87th race this year (probably the last) and 850th lifetime race.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Congratulations Ken...did it with that back business going on...good job! Good job for the year..87 races - my goodness, Ken. Got the Christmas card and thank you...hope you have a great holiday season...