Saturday, December 12, 2015

Reindeer Run and Jingle Bell Run

I drove 79 miles over to Lufkin this morning to run the Reindeer Run.  The distance was 3.3 miles and most of it was on trails.  The temperature was in the 70's and it was very humid.  I finished in 42:30.  I did not place in the 50 and over age group, but I did get a couple free dinners at a local restaurant for being the oldest runner.  I gave them to a local volunteers I was talking to.  After the race, I drove 51 miles south to Livingston and ran the Jingle Bell 5K, which started at noon.  I finished in 38:58 and did not place in the 60 and over age group.  From there, I drove 44 miles back to Huntsville, showered, and then drove 53 miles to College Station to pick up my packet for the BCS Half Marathon tomorrow morning.  I got back to Huntsville in time for church this evening and then dinner out.  I am going to try to go to bed early tonight.  I'm tired from all the driving, especially in heavy rain to and from College Station.

No comments: