Thursday, September 26, 2013

Signed up for the Soldier Marathon

I signed up for the Soldier Marathon at Fort Benning, Georgia, to be held on November 9.  I ran this last year and enjoyed the beautiful course along the river.  I went to jump school at Fort Benning in 1967 and my wife lived there while her father was stationed there when she was young.  She has not been back since, so we will drive there and enjoy the visit.  That completes the schedule of my final marathons.
Number 97 - Tyler Rose Marathon, Oct. 13
98 - Soldier Marathon, Fort Benning, Nov. 9
99 - BCS Marathon, College Station, Dec. 8
100 - Texas Marathon, Kingwood, Jan. 1
101 - Love.Run.Marathon, Huntsville State Park, Feb. 15
In the meantime, I went out to the park this evening and ran 3 miles on the park roads.

No comments: