Saturday, September 14, 2013

Gruene Hall 10K

I got up yesterday and ran a quick mile on the roads in town.  Then, I drove 50 miles over to College Station with my son for a meeting.  We got back about 2:30 p.m. and then I left with my wife for a 3-hour drive to New Braunfels for the Gruene Hall 10K this morning.  Of course, I had to drive back through College Sation to get to New Braunfels.  I ran the race for the third straight year, but finished in 1:22:42.  Both previous years, I finished in 1:16.  I am not sure why my time was slower this year; I felt okay.  The course was new this year and there were probably more hills.  I think the humidity was higher than normal for that part of Texas.  In any case, I was the only one in the 70-74 age group and picked up a first place win.  We drove back to Huntsville this afternoon.

No comments: