Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bulldog Dash 5K

I drove about 40 miles over to Iola, Texas this morning to run the Bulldog Dash 5K.  Had a great time.  Got to visit with Sara, who use to run with us years ago when she was a college student at Sam Houston.  The course was flat and looped the small town.  I think they had about 50 runners and there was no age group competition.  I finished in 37:43.  After I got back to Huntsville, I took a nap and then went to the Sam Houston State - Eastern Washington football game.  Eastern Washington is ranked number 2 in the FCS and Sam Houston State is ranked number 4.  Just as I got to the stadium for the 2 p.m. start, it heavy storm came through, with plenty of lightning.  They delayed the start of the game until nearly 3:30.  There was flash flooding on the street below the stadium and at least two cars got wiped out.  I moved my truck to higher ground and waited until the game was getting ready to start.  Sam won 49 to 34.

No comments: