Monday, July 27, 2009

Texas Marathon Triple and Marathons of Texas

The Texas Marathon Triple is apparently gone after just two years. The TMT consisted of the Texas Marathon in Kingwood on January1, the Surfside Beach Marathon in February and the Seabrook Marathon in March. Complete all three and you get a TMT jacket (donated by Puma), a cap and the first year, a T-shirt. Steve and Paula Boone direct the Texas Marathon. They told me that Puma will no longer provide the jackets and Surfside and Seabrook are dropping out. I guess that means that the TMT is gone. The other challenge is the Marathons of Texas, which consisted of the White Rock Marathon in December, Houston in January and the Austin Marathon in March. Do all three and get a jacket. They have not announced a 2009/2010 Marathons of Texas challenge and I have emailed them twice and have not received a reponse.
I had planned on doing both challenges this year, which would require doing the Surfside Beach Marathon on February 13 and Austin Marathon the next day. Now, I'm not sure what I am going to do. I have already signed up for White Rock, Texas Marathon in Kingwood and the Houston Marathon.
In the meantime, I ran my 2.9 mile loop around town this evening.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

Of course, the cost of entering all those marathons (especially Dallas, Houston, and Austin) could get you quite a few jackets or a diamond. That's too bad about the TMT. I hope those marathons still attract some people who don't want to deal with the glut of big city marathons.

By the way, did you see the big news in the trail running world concerning Bandera 100K? It's now a part of the Montrail Ultra Cup. Expect some fast trail runners to come to Texas this year. That's huge!