Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Doldrums

During June and July, my running alway seems to be in the doldrums. It's too hot and without any long races coming up before October, there is not enough motivation for long runs. My runs seem to be stuck at around 3 miles. I did my 2.9 mile loop around town this evening after a workout at Nautilus. The shots in my knees seem to be helping. I have noticed that there are a lot more 5K races around during the summer than in the past. That's good. In 2008, I ran 39 races. I have already run 23 this year. My first long race this fall will be the Helen Klein Classic 50K in Sacramento, CA on October 31. So, I will have to get serious with my distance in August.

1 comment:

BearKaTrack said...

I feel you on the doldrums. It's so hot out there that it's hard to get motivated to go the 'extra mile.' The goal right now is just to maintain fitness until the weather begins to cool. Only three more months!