Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dog Days 5K

I got up early this morning to put out the signs for the club's Dog Days 5K Run & 1-Mile Run/Walk. Darren's daughter, Tamany, 13, was there to direct the race, since Darren is out of town. We had 25 runners and walkers show up, so I did not run and helped her. She did a great job getting everybody signed up, compiling the race results and presenting the ribbons to the winners. After the race, I met up with Brian Zemlicka and his son, Chris, Leslee Cade and her daughter, Becca, at the Cafe Texan on the square for breakfast. We had a nice visit. It was good to see a lot of new faces at the race and everyone seemed to have a good time. I had a pretty bad sinus headache all day, so I took it easy this afternoon. According to weather.com, a good rain was headed our way this evening. I rushed outside and put fertlizer on the front lawn, the kind that you have to water afterwards to keep the grass from burning. As you would expect, the rain never came. So, I have to go water my lawn tomorrow morning. Then, my neighbor's daughter drove up to my house and said her mother needed help with a snake on her front porch. I went down the street and killed the snake. Then, I drove into town to get in a run. When I got to the track, there was a light rain and lightning. I ran one mile and left. I needed a rest day, anyway.

No comments: