Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Got my Gaiters

Maybe it is the way I run, but when on the trails, I accumulate a lot of trash in my shoes. During the Seabrook Trail (crushed gravel) Marathon last spring, I had to stop and empty my shoes about five times. All the stopping probably cost me a trophy. So, I ordered some gaiters online and received them this week. I'll probably wear them for the first time at the Sunmart 50K next month. In case you don't know what gaiters are, they are cloth thingies that fit around with ankle and over the top of the shoes. The elastic around the ankles keeps the trash from getting into the shoe. They come in some pretty wild colors, but I bought the more conservative camoflauge blue.
I went to the track this evening and took off running the roads from there. I ran some streets that I had never run before and got attacked by a couple small dogs. One got very close to my ankle, but then I got very aggressive and scared him off. Anyway, I check the distance of my run on USATF's America's Running Routes and it came out to be 2.0 miles.

No comments: