Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cannonball 5K

I ran the Cannonball 5K on the Texas A&M campus this morning. It didn't start until 9:30 - my kind of race. Finished in 31:30, which was my best 5K time in two years. I guess the secret is to run a marathon to train for a 5K. Is that right, Coach Bill? It was a nice race, about 100 runners, flat course, longsleeve T-shirt and lots of door prizes. The male and female winners won a GPS and the age group winners got watches. They only went one deep in the 40 and over category, but I won a minor door prize. I came back to Huntsville to shower and change clothes and then went back to College Station with Marilynn for a wedding shower.

3 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Worked for me yesterday. 29:02. Haven't seen that territory in a long time.

Curtis said...

Why not shower in College Station? Sorry about the day of driving.

Streaker said...

I had the wrong people with me. Ben went to the race with me and Marilynn went with me to the shower. It would not have worked out if both went to both. Do they have showers in Aggieland?