Saturday, December 31, 2022

Run Your Resolution 15K

I ran the Run Your Resolution 15K Trail Run in Millican this morning.  The course map is shown above.  Runners have names for course maps, i.e. out and back, single loop, point to point.  I would call this one "spaghetti on a stick."  After a lot of rain in the area lately, the course was extremely wet, lots of water crossings, embankments and very slippery mud.  I went very slow trying to stay upright.  Luckily, I never tripped and fell, but twice I slid on muddy embankments and fell.  No injuries.  Half the race, I ran with about 5 pounds of mud caked to my shoes.  This was the first 15K race I have ever run.  It should have been 9.3 miles.  According to my GPS, it was 9.83 miles.  I finished in 3:26:00 and was 2nd of 2 in the 80 and over age group.

Month and Year Recap:  I ran 127.6 miles in December, which was my best month of the year.  For all of 2022, I ran 1,343.9 miles (average 3.68 per day), with no days missed and all runs at least 3 miles.  I competed in 73 races in 2022 (70 last year).

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments: