Monday, July 5, 2021

RTW/SN5K history

 The Run the Woodlands 5K (2nd and 4th Saturday of each month) and the Sunday Night 5K (now on the first Sunday) are held on the same relatively flat course in The Woodlands.  I have run the RTW 101 times and the SN5K 117 times for a total of 218.  I started running these races when I was 63 and have run 3 since I turned 80.  With the help of my smart daughter, I charted my finish time in 216 and the chart is below.  Two races from 2014 were omitted due to the transition to a new course and the races were short of a 5K.  The chart is below.  I ran my last full marathon at age 72 and ran a lot of half marathons until age 78.  Obviously, I ran faster when I was younger.  In the early 80's when I started racing, most of my times were in the mid-20's.  My personal record is 23:45 (May 1987 when I was 45 years old.)  I have run a total of 688-5K races.  I'm not sure what the chart says, except that you run slower as you grow older.

In any case, I ran 2.5 miles on the trails at the park this morning.

No comments: